We are closing out the #MarchMediaMarathon series strong with EMMY AWARD-WINNING SPORTS PRODUCER, Raya Clay, where she details:
- how to navigate discrimination within the sports industry as a Black Woman
- how she became a Producer at ESPN and Fox Sports
- the inspiration behind her new app, No Handouts Just Work
Check out the video interview below!
More About Raya
Raya Clay has a passion for sports, media, and television and is an Emmy Award Winning Talent Producer at Fox Sports in Los Angeles, California. She currently produces NFL on Fox, The Herd with Colin Cowherd and several shows on Fox Sports digital platforms.
Before Fox Sports, Raya was an Associate Creative Producer II at ESPN. She started at that network in January 2020 and had the opportunity to produce several sports and shows on the network including MLB, College Football, Sportscenter, ESPN E60 and Little League World Series to name a few.
Raya is originally from Monticello, Arkansas, and a proud Broadcast Journalism graduate of the University of Arkansas. In addition to her impressive production catalog, Raya also has a motivational app called “No Handouts, Just Work”. In her free time she enjoys mentoring other young professionals who aspire to land a role in the television industry. She continues to use her platform to motivate, inspire, and encourage others to always chase their dreams.
Keep Up With Raya
If you want a chance for a shoutout on The Boujee Boss Up Podcast,
- If on Apple Podcasts, rate it (5 stars would be dope), leave a review, and take a screenshot (I recommend taking the screenshot before submitting the review, it takes a while before it shows up in Apple). If on any other platforms, take a screenshot of your subscription and type out a quick review
- Post the screenshot to your stories (or feed) and tag @khalasimmons on Instagram
I can’t wait to connect with you!
Keep Up With Me