Wooo, we’re bringing the heat for Women’s History Month! I’ve got another series for you, the March Media Marathon, and I’ve brought some friends along this time around. First up is Andrea Lewis, and she’s sharing:
- best practices for navigating discrimination in the entertainment industry
- her biggest pet peeves with industry hopefuls that approach her
- tactical action steps to get your foot in the door
Check out the video interview below!
More About Andrea
Before celebrating her 16th birthday, Lewis had already acted alongside Hollywood heavyweights such as Diahann Carroll and Loretta Devine and worked with Dr. Maya Angelou and Robert Townsend. After wrapping up on the Disney movie Cadet Kelly alongside Hilary Duff, Lewis soon spent 6 seasons on the hit show Degrassi: The Next Generation and became known around the world as “Hazel” as millions of North Americans tuned in each week to watch Andrea in the Award-winning drama. After Degrassi, she went on to other leading roles on Showtime, Nickelodeon and BET. Then taking her career to another level, Lewis started Jungle Wild Productions, where she wrote, starred in and produced the award winning hit web series “Black Actress”. Through her production company, Lewis has gone on to create multiple Web Series, short films, television pilots and digital content. You can keep up with her other productions at youtube.com/AndreaLewisChannel.
Keep Up With Andrea
If you want a chance for a shoutout on The Boujee Boss Up Podcast,
- If on Apple Podcasts, rate it (5 stars would be dope), leave a review, and take a screenshot (I recommend taking the screenshot before submitting the review, it takes a while before it shows up in Apple). If on any other platforms, take a screenshot of your subscription and type out a quick review
- Post the screenshot to your stories (or feed) and tag @khalasimmons on Instagram
I can’t wait to connect with you!
Keep Up With Me